Thursday, October 23, 2008

The deceiving old bag



Walking (while digging into the piles of used, smelly stuff...hmmm! what a joy) down the market the other day, my eye spotted a small white quilted thing what seemed to be a Chanel bag.
Offcourse I pushed everyone out of the way and grabbed it as fast as I could. At first sight it was even prettier than anything I would ever expect from my favorite,but often shitty market. (but, thats always the exciting feeling I get after a great secondhand find) After a closer look it appeared to be an old fake one, i'm guessing 15, 20 years old.
But its nice handles, leather brush coming from a golden ball with chanel logos fooled me at first sight. Not to mention everyone around me at the market who where watching it like hawks and perhaps hoping I would throw it back on the pile.
I wonder how many people have been fooled by this tiny bag during its fake existance. And why did the owner before me decided to get rid of it? his/her consious? I must admit I do feel like a fraud when my fake little chanel gets a compliment. But honestly I have no problems whatsoever carrying around this deceiving old bag.