Thursday, April 8, 2010

photo garland

I've wanted to put up a photo garland in my room ever since I moved in here. You may remember the one I had at my old apartment. So a few days ago I put up a couple of hooks on a wall (thank goodness for removable 3M hooks. A renters best friend!). I didn't know what I was going to use to hang things though, and didn't really feel like using a scarf and paper clips again. Someone out there must've heard me, because later that day the most perfect package came in the mail! It was a photo garland kit, complete with ropes, wooden pegs, and even some photos to get me started! It was completely unexpected, and it turns out it was from Ally, a blogger who is also taking part in the Art Swap I mentioned about before. So yeah, talk about perfect timing!



It ended up as more than just a photo garland though, because now there's a bunting (thanks to you are my fave), vintage doilies, a greeting card, and a pearl necklace too. It's so fun and easy to change things around - which I'm sure I'll be doing a lot!

P.S. If anyone else is interested in joining the Art Swap, please let me know. I have enough for myself, but I'd be more than happy to pass along your email to my friends who are still looking for participants! All it basically involves is for you to send one piece of handmade art, and find 6 other people who'd like to play along too. In the end, just sit back, relax, and expect upto 36 goodies delivered to you. So if you like receiving sweet surprises in the mail, you're gonna love this! Don't fret if you don't think you're the creative type or don't have time to make a big crafty project. It can be something really simple like a photo print, a cute bunting/ garland, an origami creation (many tutorials online!), etc. Anyway, if this sounds good to you, just let me know in the comments (with your email) and I'll make sure you'll be contacted soon with the details.