Tuesday, June 15, 2010

stripes and scallops




vintage dress, old Coo Ca Choo coat with scalloped edges, Rubi shoes, thrifted tights and bag

I very rarely wear skirts or dresses that are much shorter than knee-length, mainly because I don't think I have the legs to pull them off. Nevertheless, there are occasions when I break my own rules. This is one of my favourite vintage dresses, so much so that this isn't the first time I've done an outfit post with it. It's hard to go wrong with classic navy stripes, and I'm pretty comfortable wearing short dresses if I pair it with tights (don't know where the logic in that is, as I know colourful tights would only draw more attention to the legs). Inspired by my previous posts on 1960's Twiggy, groovy pink tights were the choice of the day.

Also, I think that's the first time I've used the word groovy in a blog post. Far out.