Saturday, January 15, 2011

NOVELTY | Simone Rochas ss11

Photobucket

Photobucket
Text by David Hellqvist, Photography by Morgan O'Donovan via Dazed Digital


David Helleqvist: What was the starting point for you?

Simone Rocha: It was the traditional Chinese mourning, everyone wears white. I visited my grandad’s grave in Hong Kong and it was stark white but had highlighted flowers and that’s where I got the colourful accessories from and the pink clothes. It’s tough but with a feeling of romance.

DH: You got a feeling that you it was originally quite minimal but made advanced through cutting out fabric etc

Simone Rocha: Exactly, I really admire traditionally garments, like crombies, and I like taking tailoring and trying to elevate it to something new and fresh. It’s about bringing them back to life again!

DH: Do you have a favourite piece from the show?

Simone Rocha: I really like the skeleton coat, which is exposing the interiors of the garment.