Saturday, May 21, 2011

shadow shot sunday


During an afternoon walk yesterday on my way to meet a friend, I had to stop in my tracks when I saw the hexagonal / honeycomb pattern shadow on the side of the road, coming from Melbourne University's bookshop window. I like how the shadows cover the whole footpath, and you can notice silhouette details of the science-y (whatever they're called?) shapes and such, and even the light flares in the second photo are honeycomb shaped too. First of all, I knew it was an immediate candidate for this week's Shadow Shot Sunday. Second of all, it reminded me of Pugly Pixel's post about Honeycomb patterns (which you can go to to download for free). But apart from the blog references, it got me reminiscing about the University, which I went to years ago, and haven't been back since. It was really quiet and beautiful on a warm autumn weekend, and a lot less intimidating than it seemed when I was there cramming for exams and finishing assignments.

Go to Hey Harriet to see what Shadow Shot Sunday is all about.