Tuesday, September 13, 2011

a picnic with the picnic girl



During my trip home, I had the pleasure of meeting one of my favourite bloggers (and now a new dear friend), Miy, aka the Picnic Girl. Miy is incredibly lovely and clever, and it was such a joy talking to her about everything from blogging, her cafe/bookshop/gallery, the local art scene, the magazine she co-created, cameras, and basically all things creative and inspiring! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love meeting creative people. Their passion makes me heart smile. Miy was also kind enough to take me to her gorgeous "secret garden" for a picnic. It was so much fun - yummy nibbles, the best magazine collection, and toy cameras galore (and I got to wear my thrifted, but newly-altered, floral dress!). How can I not love that?? Thank you again Miy for the inspiration-overload and eye-opening day, and many thanks to Dito for taking these terrific photos!