Thursday, July 22, 2010

knitted bow ["made this myself" Week]

knitting, blue, much love, craft
knitted, knit, blue, bow, back, brooch, pin, much love, craft, floral, wallpaper, pretty
knitted, knit, blue, bow, button, brooch, pin, much love, craft, floral, wallpaper, pretty
Here it is, some proof of my recently acquired knitting skills :) I took a break from the scarf I've been making, and made a little blue bow brooch (try saying that fast).

If you'd like to know how I made it, here's how:
♥ Knit a small rectangle, in whatever size you prefer.
♥ Use some extra yarn to wrap around the middle to make the bow shape. Tie it up to keep it secure.
♥ Attach a brooch pin base at the back, and a button at the front. Sewing them on is probably the best way to do it, but I just used some super glue.
♥ Done! Easy, right?

Are you blogging about something you've made this week? Then add your post to the Linky at the end of Tuesday's post so I can see :)