Wednesday, July 14, 2010

playful paper and tights

On Monday, after the job interview (which went okay I guess, but can't really say for sure until they call me back), I thought I'd hit some op shops to take my mind of it and just de-stress. Retail therapy does wonders, no? Especially when it only costs a bit of extra change.

First off, I found these 2 rolls of vintage paper goodness for 50 cents. One is a 1988 poster by the Ephemera Society of Australia, titled "Growing Up in Australia" and is basically a huge collage image of Australian toys and trinkets. I didn't grow up here in Australia, but I find it fascinating to see a culture through their childhood memorabilia (look at Santa on a kangaroo!). The second roll of paper is an adorable gift wrap featuring the cutest kitties, bunnies, and mice - oh my! I love the one of the mice in a teapot. I think I'll end up hanging this on my wall instead of using it as gift wrap.

closer looks:


Afterwards, I went to another op shop and scored these quirky knee-high tights for $2! The playing cards print remind me of Alice in Wonderland. Fun!

*submitting this to Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures.

P.S. the winner of the Librarian print giveaway, chosen via random.org is cerebral e. Congratulations! I'll email you soon.