Tuesday, March 8, 2011

DIY | Flat Ankle Boots

Photobucket

Photobucket
before



Photobucket
after


These biker boots have been sitting in my closet for years without being worn.
But with a few simple adjustments they will serve their purpose again; these boots are made for walking.

Almost every boot is technically made up of a shoe with an attachment to cover the leg. I carefully cut along the seem with sharp scissors to separate the shoe from this upper boot-part. From the left over leather I cut two strings to make long Balenciaga-like tassels. The silver studs still made the boot look a bit too cowboyish for my taste so I decided to hide them by painting them black with a lick of nailpolish. Lastly I decided to incorporate a bit of my latest obsession, rose gold. Copper thread in a gold rose color can be purchased at any hardware store.