Thursday, June 3, 2010

current love: vintage collars


1. The Vintage Lace Collar in Snow White, 2. 20s-30s Detachable Bib Collar, 3. Vintage Lace, Crochet, tatting, detachable White Collar, 4. Vintage 1940's La Dear Detachable Dress Collar, White with Navy Polka Dots, 5. Vintage 1968 Simplicity Pattern

I love the idea of detachable collars. Why did they ever stop making them anyway? If I could actually sew, I might actually attempt to make that mod dress with the 4 detachable collars (last image). How fun would that be? It would be like having 4, well actually 5, different dresses just by changing the collars around. That's the kind of versatility that I like. So since I'm hopeless with a sewing machine, I spent more time browsing the already-made vintage collars in Etsy instead. See the collar in the 3rd photo? That one is going to be mine! Can't wait to get it in the mail.